Monday, October 8, 2012

Crispy Fall

My kids are starting to actually stick around here now that the weather is getting colder.  I kinda like seeing them, instead of waving and yelling from the window to "clean up that gallon of bubbles you spilled!" and turn off the hose-I can't afford to water the neighborhood!" Instead, I am learning to love working my way through mountains of legos on the floor. Actually, mountains doesn't quite describe it.  It's more like evenly dispersed throughout the carpet.  We joked all afternoon that Brody must have jumped in the lego bin and pretended to swim, because the they are usually strewn to every corner of our house.

The joy then moved on to the making of Christmas lists.  Brody wants a motorcycle, an atv, a new pet, a new gaming console (can he even play?), a spy camera...and the list goes on.  Are you getting this mom? Somehow this mysterious list keeps on disappearing.  Strange.

Then we proceeded to sneak into our friend's backyard and jumped on their trampoline while they were out.  Corbin and Brody tried to "crack the egg" with me, but I will forever refer to it as "crack my spine".  Some things are not meant to happen to a 20ish (what?!) year old spine.  I'm just saying.

I rented the boys Avengers and made them hot cereal for dinner.  We covered it in butter and sugar.  It was divine ( the other sweet benefit to cooler weather-hot soothing dinners). For good measure, I stuffed them with popcorn.  Hey, it's good fiber...

These boys are such good friends.  It makes me so happy to see them cooperate and ease each other's concerns ( even if those concerns stem from a punched face by the very brother who seeks to ease...).

I think we are all relieved to see the leaves changing colors and the weather cooling off a bit.  This town is beyond beautiful in the fall.  Season changes around here do my heart good.  


1 comment:

Leah said...

There you go again, rubbing in your blasted actual fall. You just wait. Snow will happen. I WILL WIN YOU.