Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Spoiled

I snapped something in my calf muscle today at the gym. I've been rendered useless. I can barely take it. On the good side, my friends and family have proven themselves to be assets in my time of need. Here's the story:

I injured my leg around 930 this morning. I had three children in my care. The one who's not mine was taken by a good friend. My other friend, the owner of the gym, drove my car home, loaned me her crutches, compression sock, and boot. The rest of us were invited to my sister's house where she iced my leg, fed us all and waited on my hand a foot. My children wrecked her house and she patiently cleaned without complaint. She drove us home for Brody's nap and a nearby friend took Corbin for the afternoon while Brody slept. My other friend down the street sent her teenage daughter to watch the other children once they stepped off the bus. She proceeded to bring us dinner. She helped me bathe the little ones. She cleaned my house, and her other daughter read to my children and tucked them into bed. Several friends have offered to help with my children tomorrow. I hate being incapacitated, but honestly, how great are my friends?

1 comment:

Leah said...

The friends are unusually great but...what the heck! Go to the doctor!