Today, I question my sanity.
My bathrooms are clean.
The beds are all equipped with clean sheets.
My floors are no longer caked with chinese crunchy noodles.
I can actually see into some of the mirrors(horrors!).
The dishes are done.
The laundry is folded and put away.
The price for all this lovely cleanliness?
One angry five year old who sat through two movies this afternoon.
The even sadder price for all this?
I promised him a friend could come over after I was finished.
Together, they can pee around, not in, the toilet ( they are boys, afterall), jump on the beds, drop popcorn all over the place ( because I must make it at least once a day), leave their fingerprints and require towels and the like for the spills and forts that will most likely occur.
I literally just unworked my day away. That is a new word. My spell checker has it underlined in a big wavy red line. I don't care. You can use it. It will make you feel just as smart as I do right now.
There is a poem about fingerprints and how a mom has to work hard to erase them, but will miss them when they're gone.
Have you ever read it?
Me neither.
My bathrooms are clean.
The beds are all equipped with clean sheets.
My floors are no longer caked with chinese crunchy noodles.
I can actually see into some of the mirrors(horrors!).
The dishes are done.
The laundry is folded and put away.
The price for all this lovely cleanliness?
One angry five year old who sat through two movies this afternoon.
The even sadder price for all this?
I promised him a friend could come over after I was finished.
Together, they can pee around, not in, the toilet ( they are boys, afterall), jump on the beds, drop popcorn all over the place ( because I must make it at least once a day), leave their fingerprints and require towels and the like for the spills and forts that will most likely occur.
I literally just unworked my day away. That is a new word. My spell checker has it underlined in a big wavy red line. I don't care. You can use it. It will make you feel just as smart as I do right now.
There is a poem about fingerprints and how a mom has to work hard to erase them, but will miss them when they're gone.
Have you ever read it?
Me neither.
No comments:
Post a Comment