I have lot of stories about Easter, and fun stuff we've done and all the wonders the raising of these children exhibits, but for tonight, I am tired. As a consolation, I would like to share a secret joy of mine.
My children are still full of hope. Their little souls haven't been crushed by lies and the pain of life. Because of this, I like to send them to bed, teaching a valuable lesson. I tell them there are magical things awaiting them as they trudge off the sleep. Tonight it was puppies. I told each of the angels there was a new cuddly living puppy, waiting to be loved and cared for, placed in each of their beds. The poor saps ran all giggly and joyfully into their rooms, only to be stripped of their clothing, tossed into their beds, tucked too tight to get out, and threatened if they attempt to escape. You would think the silly boys would be full of anger and resentment, but instead, they laugh and pretend to be sad about the lack of puppies in our house. We hug, and I depart. Ahhh, the joys of motherhood. The crazy thing? They will fall for it again tomorrow night when I tell them I left a crisp 20 dollar bill at the foot of their beds.
I deserve an award, don't you think?
Monday, April 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Genius! I am so proud.
Post a Comment