Each person may say something they think is important for everyone to know without interruption. Jackson?
"I sometimes worry people hate me"
" We love you silly. Right, guys? Tell him, Isaac."
"Yeah."
" No, Isaac, tell him. "
" I love you tons, Jackson!"
"Can I tell him with a wedgie?"
"No."
" alright! I love you, Jackson, Gosh!"
Family hug.
Isaac, you're up.
" We never have enough chocolate in the house, and everybody needs to quit touching my stuff"
"Thanks for that thoughtful response!"
Corbin? How about you?
"I want everyone to like me too, and never touch my stuff either. And Brody bites sometimes, but I think it's funny, so he doesn't have to stop."
"Well, everyone, how do you feel about Corbin?"
"WE LOVE HIM!"
"Yeah, he's okay. I like him."
( Brody leans over to bite him and makes him cry. Everyone is put to bed.)
A funny side note, last night there was a pretty windy storm in our town. We sat at the window to watch the lightning show, but instead, ended up witnessing our neighbor's trampoline get picked up by a gust of wind and tossed down the street and over the hill. My kids were certain we were next. It took some convincing, but we never blew away. We shouldn't have laughed. We sent Dad out to see if he could help out--to make up for laughing, of course.
2 comments:
please have more family meetings. your children's vulnerability is so touching.
Brody is my idol.
Post a Comment