Sunday, April 11, 2010

count your many blessings...

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.The lunch fell onto the carpet red sauce side down, ramen noodles got tossed this way and that, and my church clothes didn't fit right, not to mention David's brand new white shirt going through the dryer with a red crayon...aaarg. I threw a little temper tantrum, and now I feel better. In fact, here are a few reasons to laugh:

Wedgie Wars. Apparently, the game only ends when someone has a "bleeding bum". I, of course would never participate, but the boys think it's a hoot.

Corbin's explanation of how he isn't actually picking his nose, but scratching the inside of his nostril and eating whatever remains on his finger because
" It tastes great mom!"

Brody's toy "cow-cow" , whom he loves to dip in his morning cereal, and watch go into the washing machine most mornings.

Jackson's laugh in church today when Corbin snuck behind him and wedged his tiny fingers into the crack behind the bench and proceeded to tickle Jackson's hiney. ( yes, I sappose there is a theme here...)

tripping upstairs and accidentally pulling David's sweats to the floor ( Is someone losing weight?)

The pug puppy at the park yesterday that scared the bajeepers out of Brody.

Corbin learning to ride a bike without ever even trying training wheels.

Finally,

I was going through some books on our eternally cluttered bookshelf in an attempt to find things to donate, when I stumbled upon an old journal I had pre-blog. I had to chuckle at some of the entries. Here are a few I figure belong here.


I had Jackson at the post office with a load to mail and I foolishly made a comment about a bruise on his leg. "Where did you get it?", I asked. Turning around to face the long line behind us, Jackson yelled, with a big smile on his face ( I hope)
" Mommy hits me!"

( This is, of course, a lie)

Corbin barfed on Jackson's shirtless back today.
That'll teach him to go without a shirt.

I threw all the boys in the tub as they were filthy and stinky. Jackson stood up to ask to use the toilet, but too late. He peed on Isaac's head. Isaac was horrified!!
( if I recall correctly, this is the last time they ever bathed together)

Jackson referred to Corbin ( 7 mo. old) as "Baby"
As in, " Look baby! I can jump!", or Hey baby, come over here. Guess we should practice that baby's name sometime.

3 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

you sound like alexander. maybe you should move to australia.

Leah said...

I hate it when my head gets peed on.

Ritchies said...

This post just made my day....im still giggling.