. When I first got married, we didn't have very much money. We were both students. I worked at Baskin Robbins decorating cakes and scooping. David worked at the Math tutoring center on campus. Things were tight, but we managed. I didn't splurge on much, but when I did, I always liked to buy the latest dishwashing soap. You know, something different from the old standby, which was, for my childhood, palmolive. The other day at Costco, as I loaded my second cart with supplies to feed four hungry kids, I saw a huge bottle of that old standby, and, needing soap, bought it on a whim.
You would think I'm having an allergic reaction the way my heart races, eyes water, nose run every time I open that bottle. Not only do I suffer physically, but I am suddenly overwhelmed by the desire to crawl into bed. I lay there wondering why I am reminiscing about bath time and washing the car as a kid. Why do I suddenly miss my mother? Apparently it's been too long. Thanks palmolive. You cost me more than the "$6.99" Costco boasts. Throw in a plane ticket, and we'll call it a fair deal. Either that, or I'm gonna have to stop buying bulk. Anyone need some dish soap?
Saturday, September 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Don't worry, Kris. I'm sure lots of people get choked up about dish soap. It truly *has* been way too long since I've soaked in the stuff.
Post a Comment