Wednesday, July 11, 2012
For Terry
A good friend of ours was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Her son is David's best friend from his youth, and today. Her name is Terry. She is a wonderful, giving mother and has a heart of gold. We were heartbroken to get the news. It's been weighing on my mind, as well as my husband's. This woman has two great kids, and seven beautiful grandchildren. Everytime we swing into David's hometown, we visit her. She embraces us and our children as if we were her own. David took me there before we even got married. I'm sure he wanted their approval. I have so many fond memories of visiting them and wandering around their huge, perfectly landscaped yard. Terry is a gardener, a quilter, a stained glass artist, a wonderful cook. She is a retired school teacher with countless funny stories to share. Her smile is infectious. I feel at peace in her home. In fact, she is probably the only reason we do go there. We love her and want her to know that she is in our thoughts and prayers. If anyone can beat this, it's her. Having watched my mother suffer from it, I know she is in for a rough ride. My heart goes out to her. We love you Terry. Hang in there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love you guys! Thanks for posting this...I'm doing fine and am looking forward to seeing you all soon.
Post a Comment