You encouraged me to attend college. I am so glad you did. Otherwise, I would not have had a healthy way to express my feelings through poetry.
Hockey.
I am attending a lot of it.
The kids play a lot of it.
The room upstairs is full of the smell of it.
The couch is covered in the requirements for it.
My husband and children are lost to it.
Over half my emails pertain to it.
I bribe my children to eat with promises of improvement in it.
It's in the background of all my dreams.
They say a true athlete eats, sleeps, even breaths their sport.
Has anyone seen me on the ice?
Hockey.
I am attending a lot of it.
The kids play a lot of it.
The room upstairs is full of the smell of it.
The couch is covered in the requirements for it.
My husband and children are lost to it.
Over half my emails pertain to it.
I bribe my children to eat with promises of improvement in it.
It's in the background of all my dreams.
They say a true athlete eats, sleeps, even breaths their sport.
Has anyone seen me on the ice?
Hockey.
Yours,
Kristine
Kristine
1 comment:
That poem is moving. I heard mention of a certain finger incident. I would like to see a poem about that as well, if you please.
Post a Comment