Thursday, June 9, 2011

Back in my day it was a tea party with the mad hatter...

Took my kids to the pool today.
While I am documenting the momentous occasion of school getting out, and all the impressive ways I display my kindly mothering abilities,
I would also like to take it upon myself to point out the many lovely features of not having a fifth baby at this time.
For the first time in 10 years or so,
I have not had a pregnant belly,
nursing baby,
or infant to tote around at the aquatic center.
Not only is this beneficial to my swimsuit shopping persuits, but it also lends itself to the honing of my relaxation abilities.
I was trying to enjoy this nicety, when my seven year old thwarted all my plans to sit on the sidelines and increase my vitamin D intake.
"Mom, Now that you don't have a baby you can play underwater screaming with us!"
I can't wait.
I have some serious screaming to share.
Underwater, that is.

2 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

you need to buy a people magazine and let it become pavlovian in nature. kids see people magazine. kids know mom is busy. kids leave mom alone. mom pretends she has no kids and curses out suri cruise's shoe collection while reading.

it really works.

Koch Clan said...

Nice! We are so excited to get to Texas. There is a pool in our neighborhood and I plan on taking the kids swimming every day! I miss the aquatics center. Remember I was a lifeguard there the first two years it was open. Man, I am old! Have fun getting tan, or burned!