Monday, May 12, 2008

Hello all! Posting three times a week is an unrealistic goal for a mother of (almost) four. Sorry. Once a week is do-able, eh? We'll see. So since the last post, not too much has happened. I, sadly, have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Ug. Those of you who know me know that I am always willing to sacrifice a good meal for a bag of skittles. The disappointment really set in on Mother's Day and I threw a bit of a sugar withdrawal fit all day long. Cute, mom. Aside from this, Mother's Day was good. I have the best family. They seriously put up with a sad, sad excuse of a mother on this day, and I am grateful. I mean tantrums people. I need my sugar.
Despite my behavior, the Mother's Day moments came the next day.

Isaac came home from school on Monday with a lovely hand painted pot containing a growing flower. So sweet! My little artist. Isaac said he worked really hard on the a-b, a-b patterning in the paint. Hmmm- David's child? Is there any doubt?


Jackson decided he was going to take really good care of the flower I received at church the day before and showed me the many ways it can be used as a weapon. Of course! Don't underestimate the ability of a boy to create a way to inflict pain with any, and I mean any, object.

Last, but not least, Corbin has found a way to help me with dishes. This is his new favorite spot to oversee the whole matter of rinsing and loading. It won't surprise any of you that he discovered how hilarious it is to squeeze the trigger on the sprayer while I wash - and bask in the screaming that follows. Isaac and Jackson, for once, applauded Corbin's technique. I was soaking, of course. It was a little funny I guess. And so, the day is complete. A beautiful gift, a life lesson on self defense, a good clean shower. invigorating! I really do feel lucky. I hope every mother feels as loved as I do.

1 comment:

Koch Clan said...

Love the pictures. I am so depressed for you. I could not live without sugar. It would be so hard. I will eat dinner but I have to have something sweet after or I go crazy!