Monday, October 28, 2013

First Day of School

 Isaac is in seventh grade, Jackson is in 4th, Brody is in kindergarten, and Corbin is in the 2nd.

 I love this picture.  I wanted to stand outside with the kids while they waited for the bus and see them off, but following Isaac's example, they didn't want to have their peers see their mom in public.  (news flash people: the Prestwich boys have a mother)
Since it was Brody's first time on the school bus, his brothers were very protective of him.  Jackson has his hand on his back, and Corbin is turning around to give him the thumbs up.  I hid in the laundry room, snapped a few pictures, and cried the rest of the day.  The next day was worse.  I took a walk to the gym and cried all the way home ( thank heaven I was sweaty) imaginging his little hand in mine and his mouth going a mile a minute as usual.   I have come to terms with it now, and although I miss having a babe by my side, there are some obvious positives too. Of all my children, Brody loves school the most.  I mean, ever.  Happy doesn't begin to describe it.

Seventh grade is another story...


No comments: