I always thought that as I aged, I would mature. Sadly, my experience proves otherwise. Church laughter is a perfect example.
My boys are fairly well behaved at church, for being young boys, but if they can somehow come up with a way to get their mother to chuckle in church, the look of such sheer joy that comes to their faces is beyond words. So, on their usual task to get me to laugh, they drew these pictures.
I smiled and commented on their artistic ability. So, to up the ante, they proceeded to stick their fingers out the mouth holes. It was mildly funny, but not worth ruining their behavior for the next 45 minutes of the meeting.
All was under control, until a fellow ( evil and in cahoots with my children) church- goer from behind whispered in my ear
"I shudder to think if the slits were located elsewhere."
Mission accomplished boys. Touche.
Monday, June 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment